Saturday, February 16, 2008

Vote for McCain?

The mistake the Republican establishment made was moving so far “left” since they captured the Congress. And, after loosing the whole shooting-match in 2006, believing that more of the same would help. November will be brutal – and necessary.

Everyone keeps saying McCain will support the troops – as I am sure he will in words and his heart. But, with a House and Senate that will be near veto-proof, just what do you think he will be able to accomplish? We just saw a House willing to let our ability to monitor terrorist communication – months before a presidential election (anyone remember Spain – 3/11???) – a clear indication of the atmosphere McCain will have to work in. Do you really think he will be able to pass budgets to continue the GWOT?? Really?? Remember the ONLY REASON he is a maverick is that he LEAPS across the aisle, hugs Kennedy, Libermann, Finegold and any other Democrat near by. Intentions mean nothing, the ability to pass legislation does and he will have NONE.

I am DAMN TIRED of having everyone call me a right winger when I expect the intelligence community to use ALL TOOLS NECESSARY to extract information regarding attacks on Americans – including water-boarding!

I am DAMN TIRED of having everyone call me a right winger when I expect the government to keep dangerous terrorists in a secure area and to try them in a military court. Tell me, when McCain closes Gitmo, transfers these animals to Ft. Levenworth and the legal lefties are finally successful in having them tried is a civil court, will you volunteer to be on the jury? Will you stare down a terrorist, with your family at home, and give him the death penalty knowing he will be coming for you and your kids? Really?? This is a job for the military, let them handle it.

I am DAMN TIRED of having everyone call me a right winger when it comes to McCain. Excuse me?? I want: Secure Borders, stop paying to educate illegals’s children, stop making their babies citizens, stop giving them healthcare, stop giving them jobs, DO NOT LEGALIZE 12-20 MILLION of them and then invite their immediate family to join them, do not give them driver’s licenses, do not give them credit cards, do not give them home loans, THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am DAMN TIRED of having everyone call me a right winger when I resist, with all my heart, the stupid idea of man-made global warming, and plans on signing on to koyto to punish us for our successes as an industrialized nation. Anyone read the stories of an equally vocal band of scientists warning we may be on the edge of a mini-ice age because of reduced solar sun spot activity??? We’ve have broken the 1969 snowfall record here in Iowa – hello??? The sun is 333,000 TIMES LARGER than the earth!!!!! It is our thermometer, NOT man.

I am DAMN TIRED of having everyone call me a right winger when McCain saw fit to take away my First Amendment right to free speech through McCain/Finegold. Anyone notice how nicely the whole “no advertising against a named candidate 30 days before a primary” clause worked after his lies about Rommney in Florida??

I am DAMN TIRED of having everyone call me a right winger when McCain saw fit to take away the vote of my Senator through his little “gang of 14”. Scholar after scholar feels strongly that filibusters of judicial candidates are un-constitutional, we should have settled the matter once and for all.

The Republican Party, at the NATIONAL level, has chosen to move so far left, away from the BASIC principles of a secure nation, free speech, national sovereignty that I am now expected to abandon MY core beliefs – beliefs that have guided my 40 years as a voting Republican. As they ponder their disaster this fall - and make no mistake, it will be a disaster – it will not be because of conservative’s stubbornness, it will be because the Republican Party has abandoned every principle that attracted conservatives and replaced them with those of the liberal left. It has shown me the door, and I have taken the hint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Υou ought to be a pаrt of a contest for оne of the greatest blogs on the nеt.
I moѕt certainly will highly геcommend this sitе!


Have a look at my site; portable tens units