Thursday, April 08, 2010

Stimulus Facts: An Update - Veronique de Rugy - The Corner on National Review Online

What, political favoritism in the stimulus spending???  I am shocked I tell you!  Shocked!!!!

 

Stimulus Facts: An Update - Veronique de Rugy - The Corner on National Review Online

Stimulus Facts: An Update   [Veronique de Rugy]

It’s been almost a week since I was presented with some interesting feedback about my Mercatus working paper on the stimulus. As you may recall, the original findings in my study showed that there wasn’t any correlation between stimulus spending and where unemployment was the highest or where unemployment had deteriorated the fastest since the beginning of the recession. Also, the study showed that the party affiliation of the congressional district’s representative (whether the district was represented by a Republican or Democrat) did seem to matter in how the stimulus money was spent. The regression analysis doesn’t tell me how much it mattered, but only that it did.

No comments: