Monday, June 14, 2010

Pajamas Media » China’s Military Threatens America: ‘We Will Hurt You’

I have long been puzzled by the assumptions on the part of our government regarding the future intentions of China.  It has always been clear to me that their primary intent was to rule as much of the globe as possible.  Their military stance during my 21 years in the military and in the 22 years of my retirement has done nothing to change my mind.

What did concern me the most was our government’s looking at them as a friend, a possible ally or as something other than a communist country who uses its military freely to control its populace and influence its neighbors.

Perhaps we are catching on.

 

Pajamas Media » China’s Military Threatens America: ‘We Will Hurt You’

The Pentagon finally takes the hint from China’s openly hostile flag officers.

June 14, 2010

- by Gordon G. Chang

Share |

“Every nation has a right to defend itself and to spend as it sees fit for that purpose, but a gap as wide as what seems to be forming between China’s stated intent and its military programs leaves me more than curious about the end result,” said Admiral Mike Mullen this Wednesday. “Indeed, I have moved from being curious to being genuinely concerned.”

No comments: