Wednesday, August 05, 2009

No need for snitches.

This is the letter I sent to flag@whitehouse.gov.  Is it just me, or does this request for snitches feel uncomfortable NAZI like??

 

Really, the President of the United States looking for spies and snitches to nark on citizens spreading "lies" about the healthcare bill??

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

Really???

Let me make this easy for you guys:

My name is:

  • Bill Keller
  • 5751 22nd Avenue Drive
  • Vinton, Iowa  52349

Your efforts are pathetic! 

And yes, facts are stubborn things.

A few facts:

Keep my own insurance?

From page 16 of HR3200 dated July 14, 2009

the term ‘‘grandfathered health

7

insurance coverage’’ means individual health insurance

8 coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the

9 first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:

10 (1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT.—

11 (A) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in

12 this paragraph, the individual health insurance

13 issuer offering such coverage does not enroll

14 any individual in such coverage if the first ef15

fective date of coverage is on or after the first

16 day of Y1.

You deny my company the right of adding new people.  You deny them health coverage under my insurance plan.  This is directly contradicts to your claims.

From page 13

4 (20) QUALIFIED HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN.—

5 The term ‘‘qualified health benefits plan’’ means a

6 health benefits plan that meets the requirements for

7 such a plan under title I and includes the public

8 health insurance option.

You, the federal government are now going to determine which health plans are "qualified"??  That would imply that I can no longer sit with my insurance agent, define the needs for my company and have him create a plan that meets MY needs.  It would appear the these plans would first have to be "approved".  Why?  If I'm happy and the insurance company is happy, why does the federal government need to get involved??

From page 15

1 (b) REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFIED HEALTH BENE2

FITS PLANS.—On or after the first day of Y1, a health

3 benefits plan shall not be a qualified health benefits plan

4 under this division unless the plan meets the applicable

5 requirements of the following subtitles for the type of plan

6 and plan year involved:

7 (1) Subtitle B (relating to affordable coverage).

8 (2) Subtitle C (relating to essential benefits).

9 (3) Subtitle D (relating to consumer protec10

tion).

This section seems to clearly state that if the insurance plan my agent and I come up with for my company does not meet the requirements set to become a "Qualified" health plan, they will no longer be able to be offered.  Since my insurance renews every year, my plan would simply disappear unless it was accepted into the insurance exchange.  What if the exchange requires something I don't need, or can't accept - government payment for abortion for example - am I simply out of luck??

Of course not, because I will be required to have insurance:

From page 143

10 Subtitle A—Individual

11 Responsibility

12 SEC. 301. INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY.

13 For an individual’s responsibility to obtain acceptable

14 coverage, see section 59B of the Internal Revenue Code

15 of 1986 (as added by section 401 of this Act).

and, from page 158

4 ‘‘(10) Every individual to whom section 59B(a)

5 applies and who fails to meet the requirements of

6 section 59B(d) with respect to such individual or

7 any qualifying child (as defined in section 152(c)) of

8 such individual.’’.

So, let me get this straight.  If my plan does not meet the qualifications - even though I am happy with it, I will loose it.  And, if I do not purchase an insurance policy, you will use the IRS to seize my wages to make sure I am "insured".

I could go one and on, but I am satisfied this makes my point. 

One other suggestion, when the President goes on national TV and says the federal government will now choose whether I get a "Red Pill" or a "Blue Pill" I suggest he return to the Matrix.  In that single statement he not only told me he will choose my insurance but also what it will cover, what the doctors can prescribe and which drug company he will buy from.  It was one of the most stunningly ignorant thing I have heard a President say - and I have been listening for over 40 years.

By the way, I would love to talk to my local representative about this, Congressman Boswell.  However, he seems gutless and afraid to hold but a single town meeting during his one month recess.  Perhaps you could buck him up enough to talk to the folks he represents.

My suggestion - back off.  Allow me to manage my life and my insurance.  Given how well you folks have done so far, I am confident I will live a much longer and healthier life without your assistance. 

Bill Keller

Vinton, Iowa

 

UPDATE

Some additional questions for the President via posting from Redstate:

Q) Mr. President, can you tell me how much will I have to pay for my public option insurance?

A) pg 121.
6 (c) ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS SETTING FOR
7 RATES.—Chapter 5 of title 5, United States Code shall
8 apply to the process for the initial establishment of pay-
9 ment rates under this section but not to the specific meth-
10 odology for establishing such rates or the calculation of
11 such rates.

Q) Mr. President, what if I’m unsatisfied with the rates that the Government assigns to me?

A) pg. 121-122
24 (f) LIMITATIONS ON REVIEW.—There shall be no ad-
25 ministrative or judicial review of a payment rate or meth-
1 odology established under this section or under section
2 224.

Q) Mr. President, so that I can ignore all of those lies and propaganda about this wonderful plan; can you assure me that I will get treatments that my doctor and I believe that I need, and not manipulate my premiums to force me to get treatments that my government wants me to have?

A) pg. 126
4 (c) ENCOURAGING THE USE OF HIGH VALUE SERV-
5 ICES.—To the extent allowed by the benefit standards ap-
6 plied to all Exchange-participating health benefits plans,
7 the public health insurance option may modify cost shar-
8 ing and payment rates to encourage the use of services
9 that promote health and value.

Q) Mr. President, so that I can avoid any misinformation from those wild-eyed, fear-mongering, hate bloggers who are just paid by insurance companies to cause doubts and stir anger; could you assure me that you won’t use my race, sex, and other personal information as a determinant for whether you will allow me to receive treatments I need under the public option?

A) pg. 118
4 (e) DATA COLLECTION.—The Secretary shall collect
5 such data as may be required to establish premiums and
6 payment rates for the public health insurance option and
7 for other purposes under this subtitle, including to im-
8 prove quality and to reduce racial, ethnic, and other dis-
9 parities in health and health care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://hawawobam.builtfree.org/upakut.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://irunyzesal.o-f.com/usisotur.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin to get real income.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I make money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my blog to get additional info.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]